Wfs = Static weight on front axle
Wrs = Static weight on rear axle
Wf = Wfs – Whθ/L
Wr = Wrs + Whθ/L
Wf = Dynamic weight on front axle
Wr = Dynamic weight on rear axle
Wf = Wfs – Whax/(Lgc)
Wr = Wrs + Whax/(Lgc)
ax = acceleration in X-direction
gc = acceleration of gravity
Fx = M.ax = Wax/gc
P = Fx.V
ax = Fx gc/W = Pgc/(VW)
ax / gc = P/(VW)
- Proportional to power to weight ratio.
- Inversely proportional to speed.
- Efficiency in utilizing available power depends on
- Minimizing friction losses and
- Ability to keep engine at peak power.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.