Download the PDF. – Click Here
This Book consists in a definition and analysis of BAJA suspension geometry to an off-road vehicle. The suspension selection is accomplished through the study of its geometric characteristics to design its dimensions and position of installation in the vehicle according to the expected behavior. The current suspension of the vehicle, on the front and rear axles, is analysed for understanding its dynamic behavior. The vehicle in analysis is a “Mini-Baja”, off-road prototype, which is used to run nationals competitions between engineering colleges.
After Completion of this book, you are eligible to apply for a copy of MSC ADAMS Car. The competition guidelines will be updated in the first week of April 2016.
Suspension should be designed in a way which would help in making a vehicle provide
resistance to all impact loads. The compatibility of the A-arms and 3-link suspension with the detailed parameters can produce exceptional results in the graphs of camber and caster variations , toe angles ,Ackermann geometry , proper flow of forces from chassis to ground, bump steer and shock absorber characteristics. This ensures that the off-road vehicle would improve its perceived quality of its dynamic performance and would provide good driver satisfaction in concert with excellent vehicle packaging. The same
design could be used in other off-road vehicles like Forest Rangers, Military Cars and Trucks, even in many Passenger Sports Utility Vehicles with slight variations as per the vehicle specifications and usage.
BUY FROM INSTAMOJO
BUY FROM AMAZON
- Format: Kindle Edition, Digital Edition
- File Size: 6134 KB
- Print Length: 56 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Avinash Singh; 1 edition (7 March 2016)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital South Asia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AVHGUSC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
International BAJA SAE Rulebook :
Indian BAJA SAEINDIA Rulebook :
There are certain Vehicle Regulations being followed Internationally set by UN. For Indian Nationalists these rules are set by Indian Vehicle Regulation Act 1992. (it’s not mandatory for your vehicle to follow these rules but some regions like South Africa encourage its use.)
SAE Collegiate Design Series Rules & Important Documents
Rules Questions are answered by following the submission instructions published on bajasae.net by going to www.bajasae.net and clicking “Submit a Rules Question” on the Quick Links menu on the right.
Baja SAE Rules
- 2016-1: Transponder Types & Cost Reporting
- 2016-2: Lessons Learned from Baja SAE Tennessee Tech
- 2016-3: Lessons Learned at Baja SAE California
Sales Presentation Documents
Design Evaluation Documents
Technical Inspection Documents
- 2016 Frame Design Pre-Check: Roll Cage Documentation Template
- 2016 Frame Design Pre-Check: Roll Cage Geometry Drawings Template
- 2016 Technical Inspection Sheet (Updated 6/1/16)
- 2016 Baja SAE® Series Roll Cage Spec Sheet*
- 2015 Tech Number Assignment
- A Guide to Successful Baja SAE Technical Inspection
- Welding Requirements Update*
- Weld Testing Clarification Sheet
- Transponder Purchase
** These are Microsoft Excel documents. You must have this software to view them.