For proper analysis of your vehicle you need to conduct structural analysis of your cage for side, roll, front, rear & torsional impacts.
The primary aim in your analysis should be to reduce weight of the vehicle and to test for failure.The un-sprung weight, rotating mass and roll cage are primary weight reduction areas and you should try to reduce the weight of your car to 300 kg with higher stiffness of the roll cage to help your car achieve the highest acceleration while maintaining a sufficient factor of safety. The driver comfort and sturdiness of the vehicle is considered of primary importance.
For weight reduction of the cage, You can test a number of cage types having different pipe thicknesses in ANSYS Mechanical with various types of impacts and then evaluated the maximum stress. The final cage is selected by considering the resulting stresses & applying a suitable factor of safety.
Online Tutorial Links
- ANSYS Training Videos for BAJA (Workbench, CAE, Fluent)
- ANSYS CFX Tutorials from Dr. J.P. Abraham, University of St. Thomas, MN
- University of Alberta Tutorials
- Pennsylvania State University – David Johnson’s FEA Applications Class
- Cornell University – ANSYS Mechanical Short Course
- Carnegie Mellon University Self-paced Course
- University of Texas Arlington Examples
- University of Wisconsin Tutorials
- ANSYS Fatigue Model Tutorial
- ANSYS Workbench Tutorials from ANSYS.NET
- University of Manitoba – ANSYS CFX Tutorial
- Rochester Institute of Technology – ANSYS FLUENT Course Notes
- Cornell University – ANSYS FLUENT 12.0 Tutorials
- Pennsylvania State University – ANSYS FLUENT Tutorials
- University of Iowa: Mechanics of Fluids and Transport Processes Course
- University of Iowa: Intermediate Fluid Mechanics Course
- Lectures on fluid dynamics & reacting flows by André Bakker (Dartmouth College)
- Tutorial Videos for Finite Element Simulations with ANSYS Workbench 14 – Huei-Huang Lee, NCKU, Taiwan
- Cornell University – SimCafe – Rajesh Bhaskaran
- Finite Element Analysis of Composite Materials: Videos of Examples – Ever J. Barbero
- Finite Element Analysis of Composite Materials Instructors Site – Ever J. Barbero
Mail us if you need further detailed helps and tutorials on ANSYS for BAJA-SAE Competitions.