The ADALM-PLUTO Active Learning Module (PlutoSDR) is an easy-to-use tool available from Analog Devices Inc. (ADI) that can be used to introduce fundamentals of software-defined radio (SDR) or radio frequency (RF) or communications as advanced topics in electrical engineering in a self- or instructor-led setting. The PlutoSDR allows students to better understand the real-world RF around them, and is applicable for all students at all levels, from all backgrounds. Early learning in a hands-on manner with the PlutoSDR will ensure a solid foundation for students to build on as they pursue science, technology, or engineering degrees.
The PlutoSDR Active Learning Module is a tool that closes the relationship between theory and practical radio frequency activities of the user. It provides a personal portable lab that, when used with a host, can augment the learning that takes place in the classroom. A variety of software packages such as MATLAB or Simulink provide an innovative graphical user interface (GUI), allowing intuitive usage and minimizing the learning curve, enabling students to learn faster, work smarter, and explore more!
- Portable, cost-effective, self-contained RF learning and experimentation platform
- Based on Analog Devices® AD9363 highly integrated RF agile transceiver and Xilinx Zynq® Z-7010 FPGA
- RF coverage from 325 MHz to 3.8 GHz, with up to 20 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth
- One transmitter and one receiver, half or full duplex
- MATLAB® and Simulink® support
- HDL Coder™ targeting support
You can read the complete article on Adalm Pluto on MATLAB Digest
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.